McKinney is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. The city is located 30 miles north of Dallas and it offers a wide range of restaurants to visitors. If you are planning to visit McKinney or you live around the city, this article will help you understand the 10 best restaurants in the area.
1. Hutchins BBQ & catfish – Established in 1978, Hutchins is considered as one of the best barbecue joints in Texas. Hutchins is the best place to get a plate of brisket, sausages and ribs. The BBQ at Hutchins is made from fresh cut meat and then prepared to perfection over burning pecan wood.
2. Patina Green Home and Market – This is not only a restaurant but also a market. As a result, it collects vintage home décor that is handcrafted and unique. The restaurant offers a wide range of food for the people who get hungry while shopping for home decors.
3. Rick’s Chophouse – The restaurant is located at the Grand Hotel and Ballroom in McKinney square. Here, you can have beef Carpaccio and jumbo lump crab cakes at a reasonable price. From time to time, Rick visits the restaurant to improve the overall dining experience. If you are looking to enjoy the Texas sunshine, patio seating is available.
4. Snug on the square – When looking for a cup of coffee, this is the ideal spot to go. The coffeehouse specializes in breakfast favourites such as waffles, sandwich melts and salads for lunch and omelettes. The coffee is locally roasted, there is outdoor seating and to entertain the guests, snug on square features local artists and musicians.
5. Gregory’s Bistro – This restaurant derives its inspiration from France and the Mediterranean. When you visit the restaurant, you can enjoy numerous dishes such as escargot, duck confit and wagyu beef that’s served with truffled mashed potatoes. If you are not satisfied, you can have lobster risotto and ratatouille served as a la carte.
6. Harvest – Harvest is mainly offering meals from the farm. If you are planning to have a dinner at the Harvest, you can kick off with delicious fried potatoes that are served with pickled okra and chow-chow. Then, you can either order charcuterie or pork enchiladas which are served with seasonal succotash.
7. Éclair Bistro – This restaurant offers a unique dining experience to its guests because it has a projection mapping menu. As the dinner is being served, images are projected onto the plates and tables from above to enable guests to familiarize themselves with the meal even before it is served. However, to make a reservation at this restaurant, you should do it 24 hours in advance.
8. Rye – At Rye, pimento cheese dip is served with crispy while hot chicken skins and plump scallops are dusted with fennel pollen before they are seared to perfection. If you love cauliflower gratin, Rye is the perfect spot to be. The cruciferous veggie prepared to perfection using cured duck egg yolk and mornay sauce.
9. Butcher board – The restaurant is well known for its sandwiches although other types of foods are served. Butcher board serves salads, tacos, potato salads, whole hog and smoked roast beef cut to order. The restaurant also offers freshly-baked desserts after serving the meals.
10. Bill Smith’s Café – Established in 1956, this is the oldest dining establishment in McKinney. All of its meals are prepared from scratch including the biscuits, pies, rolls and gravy.
It is evident that McKinney has outstanding restaurants where you can enjoy great meals with friends and family. However, researching in advance is very important because you will know more about the restaurant, its location, the meals they serve and what to expect.